Residential HVAC Service Technician
Comfort Monster is a HVAC company that’s fun, honest, and treats its customers and employees like family. Our Values – We encourage, teach, hire and fire by our values. If you don’t share our values, opportunities are plentiful at other companies.
Comfort Monster is searching for experienced HVAC technicians able to work on commercial and/or residential equipment and to surprise and delight every customer with the best service experience they have ever had. You will be primarily responsible for repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including but not limited to: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, light commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers, and packaged units.
- Five+ years’ experience in repair, maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
- HVAC Nate certifications strongly preferred.
- EPA universal certification required.
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
- Ability to pass drug test(s) as required by company.
- Ability to push, pull, carry or maneuver parts (with additional manpower or appropriate devices where necessary); carry ladders; work from heights; and work in small spaces.
- Maintaining, diagnosing, and repairing electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of heating, ventilation, and cooling units for either commercial or residential customers.
- Traveling to job sites in a designated service area, and working with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Maintaining good working order of company vehicle, including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and cleaning the vehicle on a regular basis.
- Maintaining proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, with the job done correctly the first time.
- Strong technical knowledge of electronic invoicing, payroll clockin/clockout and material recording.
- Understanding company pricing, generating appropriate customer invoice at job site, and electronically processing credit card payments.
- Obtaining customer electric signature at completion of job and confirming correct customer information, including email address.
- Documenting all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, etc.
- Diagnosing diverse service issues, obtaining any replacement parts, and calibrating system to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Explaining any issues and needed service to customer.
- Participating in company-provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
- Identifying potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
- Periodically working on-call for after-hours and weekend emergency service (approximately one week out of eight), with advance scheduling.
- Observing all company procedures and safety rules.
- Maintaining accurate time records and send to payroll when required.
- Working as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performing other business tasks if requested by a manager.
- Major Medical
- Short term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off for Holidays/Vacation
Employee Ownership – Our employees are granted stock options after their first 90 days. We encourage each other to always “think like an owner.” We believe that what’s best for the customer will ultimately be good for the company.