Comfort Monster No-Contact Appointment Policy
As of March 16, 2020
In order to keep both our customers and technicians safe and to avoid spreading the COVID-19 coronavirus in our community, Comfort Monster is modifying how we provide our friendly in-home services.
Note: These rules apply only to technicians and home residents who are displaying no signs of illness. Anyone who has symptoms or has had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 should reschedule for after the recommended 14-day quarantine period.
- As usual, we will call with an ETA and send text messages when we are on the way to your home. During that call, your technician will confirm that no one in your home has symptoms or otherwise is suspected to have COVID-19.
- When we arrive, we will no longer ring the doorbell. Instead, your technician will wash or sanitize his hands and then come to a distance of about 6 ft from your door and call you again.
- Once you come to the door, your technician will remain at a distance while discussing your service needs with you.
- If access inside your home is required to provide the service, your technician will request that you open any access doors, leave them open (or prop them open), and step back to maintain a safe distance.
- Once inside your home, your technician will make every effort to avoid touching surfaces you are likely to need to touch. He will ask you before opening filter grilles whether you would prefer to do that instead.
- If a simple adjustment to the thermostat is required, your technician will instruct you rather than touching it himself. For more complex adjustments, your tech will disinfect the surface both before and after he touches it.
- Once your service call is completed, your technician will return to his vehicle and call you to discuss necessary repairs or followups, email your invoice or estimates, and collect payment via credit card.
Thank you for working with us to keep our community safe during this difficult time!
– Comfy and the Comfort Monster Team