Welcome to MonsterCare 2.0!
Introducing MonsterCare 2.0 Membership from Comfort Monster Heating & Air
Exciting news from Comfort Monster! After countless hours of research and development, we have released the most advanced home HVAC system maintenance structure that exists.
So, what IS the new MonsterCare 2.0?
In traditional maintenance, many of the same standard tasks are completed over and over. While these tasks should be done sometimes, they aren’t actually all necessary EVERY year. So that type of maintenance involves doing some things repetitively when they aren’t needed, and at the same time, some things that should be done periodically often aren’t done at all.
- Monthly Status Email – You will get a monthly status email that covers all of your equipment. It’s easy to read. A checkmark means everything is ok, and unless something unexpected happens, you’ll be running great for the foreseeable future. If something needs attention, it will be clearly outlined and we’ll even tell you how long we need to be there to take care of it– Which could take anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple hours.
- Easy Scheduling – Planning months ahead for your HVAC maintenance is a pain. Things come up, and inevitably it’s not convenient– Sometimes for you, sometimes for us. When our system determines that something needs to be done, it won’t be urgent. We’ll send you an email or text with 3 appointment options in the next couple of days. If it’s convenient, choose one. If not, let us know to skip you and come back. We’ll try a few more times with our automated options and then reach out personally, or you can make a request at any time for a custom appointment.
- Lower Cost – Because it’s WAY more efficient (fewer phone calls, less driving, less wasted time at your home), we can do it for less. WOW!
- Intelligent Features – MonsterCare learns from all of the other systems we are managing. Thousands of them. When a pattern of problems emerges, our software will react and propose interventions to fix safety and reliability issues before they occur. MonsterCare will even learn from manufacturers’ technical bulletins and recalls.
- Will I get 2 visits a year?
If that makes you nervous and you’d prefer to get two visits no matter what, we’re here for you! Continue down to the bottom of the page, where we detail our MonsterCare Classic plan.
- Will you be installing any sensors in my home that send live data to Comfort Monster?
But we do watch technological developments constantly with an eye to providing even better service, so it’s possible we would develop a program to place OPTIONAL sensors in your equipment.
Also, some advanced smart thermostats that we offer for installation have the ability to send a message to an HVAC company of your choosing when they receive certain error codes. If you have one of these, YOU have control over what information is shared, if any.
- How can it be cheaper? I must not be getting as much service!
- Is there any downside to moving to the new MonsterCare 2.0?
- How does the technology work?
But as explained above, the only data we record from your home for the system to work for you is gathered in person by your technician(s) — No sensors sending data you might not want to share with us.
- What are my choices?
- What About My Discounts?!
- Is There a Long-Term Commitment?
- Can I pay for the whole year at one time?
Right now, we are offering subscriptions for MonsterCare 2.0 at $11.99 per system, per month!
MonsterCare Plus is just like MonsterCare 2.0 except that it includes a labor warranty for up to 10 years. MonsterCare Plus is only available on new systems that were installed by Comfort Monster, and only up until 10 years after those systems were installed. If/when we make MonsterCare Plus available on other systems, those plans will likely be priced between $23 and $25/month for each system that was NOT installed by us.
MonsterCare Plus will always be discounted for systems installed by Comfort Monster to approximately $14.99 per system (plus reasonable increases for inflation etc. when applicable).
What is MonsterSaver?
MonsterSaver is the most basic membership we offer. It includes one free inspection (recommended when the season changes) and all of the same discounts as MonsterCare. It does not include any maintenance. We will notify you when maintenance is needed and you may choose to schedule it with Comfort Monster at regular rates. MonsterSaver is not a maintenance plan: It saves you money when you need service, and it will keep up with your equipment and notify you when maintenance actions are needed.
Can you summarize all that for me please??
Sure! Here’s a handy chart:
MonsterCare Classic - A Two-Visit Alternative
Some of our customers see the benefits in our MC 2.0 plans, but still want to see us twice a year, every year, just to get the peace of mind that everything is still going smoothly with their systems. Not everyone thinks it’s necessary, but hey, if it helps you sleep better, we’re up for it!
So we created our MonsterCare Classic plan. Just like the MC 2.0 plan described above, you get these great benefits:
- Extremely detailed service reports
- Smart analysis of predicted failures using our MC 2.0 system
- Priority service
- $25 discount on every diagnostic charge
- 20% off of repairs
- PLUS, of course, a guarantee of 2 visits per year so we can make extra sure your home’s systems are in top working order.
Pricing is as follows:
- 1st system is $205.00 plus tax per year, or $17.08 plus tax per month (if that’s your preferred payment schedule)
- Each additional system adds $125.00 per year (plus tax of course)
So a 2 system home, for example, would be $330.00/yr plus tax, or $27.50 per month, plus tax.