Cutting that number down to a more manageable size can come from many different changes. One of the most effective things you can is to install a programmable thermostat.
These handy gadgets are very useful when it comes to energy efficiency. Though they can seem intimidating at first, they are actually simpler to operate than your DVR. Some of the basics of money saving with programmable thermostats include:
- Managing air conditioning and furnace use.
- Ensures your HVAC only runs for the necessary time and adjusts the temperature accordingly.
- Flexibility and complete control.
With programmable settings, you can maintain your home’s temperature and change it according to your own schedule so you can save on usage.
- ENERGY STAR averages show that savings can be in the hundreds of dollars annually with this kind of system.
- Installation is typically not very expensive, so you are saving money from the start. Any investment will more than pay for itself in a short amount of time.
When it comes to saving money and wanting to be more energy efficient, a programmable thermostat is a good step in the right direction. If you are ready to maximize energy efficiency in your home and cut down on energy costs, contact our team at Comfort Monster.