Economics and Replacing Your HVAC
How to Lower Your Utility Bills
There is no way around it: If you want to lower the cost of your utility bills; you need to look for energy efficiency in your home.
There are some simple steps you can take to help reduce the your energy bill:
- Unplug electronics and appliances when not in use
- Turn lights off when not in a room
- Replace old window panes
- Use ceiling fans to help distribute air
There are other steps that may not be quick fixes you can take care of on your own. Sealing your home’s air ducts is one of the most valuable steps to save money on your bill.
The three big benefits of sealing your air ducts are:
- Lower utility bills: Leaky air ducts can lose up to 30% of your home’s heated or cooled air. These leaks can have a big impact on your system’s efficiency.
- Comfort Levels: If your home has any rooms that are stuffy in the summer and freezing in the winter, leaky air ducts are common culprits.
- Indoor air quality: The indoor air in our homes and businesses can be 100% more contaminated with pollutants than outdoor air. Leaky air ducts contribute to this problem.
If you think your home’s energy efficiency, comfort or air quality could use a boost, click this link or give our friendly pros at Comfort Monster a call today at 919-MONSTER.