To keep your system working at top-notch levels, there are certain tasks you need to do or hire someone else to do. These include:
- Refrigerant level checks and replacement if needed: Your system needs adequate refrigerant to do its job.
- Lubricate certain moving parts: HVAC systems have multiple moving parts, including a motor, which can easily deteriorate if it’s not lubricated regularly—usually twice a year during regular check-ups.
- Belts need to be checked and replaced if worn: Otherwise, belts can break at times of high stress, meaning you will be at the mercy of extreme weather.
- Internal as well as external cleaning: Dirt and gunk can add extra strain and wear.
- Periodic tests should be performed to check wiring, circuits, and ignition system: You want to know if these parts are not working properly.
- Check for air, refrigerant, and fuel leaks.
- Lastly, regular filter changes are vital to any and every system.
All of these things can help keep your HVAC up and running optimally for the long stretch. The good news is you don’t have to worry about doing everything yourself. Our team of experts is here to help. Contact Comfort Monster today or go to our MonsterCare page to learn more about our maintenance agreements and how they can help old and new HVAC systems.