Two main culprits that may be the reason you are experiencing a dust overload in your home are:
- Air Filters: Even if you are using air filters and changing them regularly, you could be using a low quality brand or buying the wrong kind of filter. The cheapest air filters only trap the largest pieces of dust and do very little to help with other aspects of your home’s indoor air quality.
- Air Ducts: Your home’s air ducts may need some maintenance and/or sealing. Up to 25-30% of your home’s air can escape or simply not circulate as it should due to gaps, holes, unsealed joints, and improper sealing. These leaks can draw and push out dust into your home’s air.
Some steps you can take to help your dust problem are:
- Switch out the kind of air filters you are using, and/or change them more often.
- Have your air ducts checked and sealed properly.
- Install an air filtration system with the ability to remove over 99% of indoor air impurities.
If you need air filters, ductwork or an air filtration system, we’ve got you covered. Click this link to contact Comfort Monster today to get your heating and air conditioning system serviced, and get rid of all that dust!